TNT’s Cold Justice Will Be Airing The Case of Rachelle Escalante!

TNT’s Cold Justice will be airing the The Case of Rachelle Escalante on Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 7 pm Arizona Time. Here is a link to the details page:

The Case of Rachelle Escalante

achelleescalante TNTs Cold Justice Will Be Airing The Case of Rachelle Escalante!

Turnet Network Television (TNT) was in town recently to research the 1988 Cold Case Murder of Rachelle Escalante for their program “Cold Justice”. See the Globe Police Department Press Release on the subject:

1988 investigation 2 232x300 TNTs Cold Justice Will Be Airing The Case of Rachelle Escalante!

Globe Police Department Press Release

Please keep in mind that the results of this investigation may surprise everyone and that certain people who were once suspects may be or could be cleared. Please wait for the results of the investigation and documentary and let justice be served.

27 comments for “TNT’s Cold Justice Will Be Airing The Case of Rachelle Escalante!

1. Fawn
    May 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

thank GOD…… I have waited for years for someone to do something about this….. Prayers are answered… this poor young girls family will finally get peace.

2. Bianca
    May 21, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I remember this! Just another example of our police not doing a thing! It takes an outside agency to get anything done. Looks like after 20+ years justice will finally be served!

3. Desiree
    May 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Do they want to speak to any of us who were there at that time, went to school every day with her. What about all the kids who moved away? How are they contacting them? Such a HUGE tragedy then and now! Public outcry would have been different if if was a judge’s daughter or a local physician’s daughter. But alas she was from a Blue collar Mexican family…. In the same town that segregated schools only a few decades prior to her death. Finally maybe the TRUTH will come, but if not today you know you will face your Maker eventually

4. Enid
    May 22, 2013 at 9:10 pm

What a horrendous little town. I remember when this happened. So much blood on so many hands. Repellent.

5. Anonymous
    May 24, 2013 at 9:47 am

Many people know who did it!! What’s all the mystery about? The question is what did the perps have over on the cops? The killer is out walking around, indeed was even cashiering at a local store. Why was the girl killed? Simple, JEALOUSY! Are the people sworn to “serve and protect” serving anyone besides themselves? Come on it has been common knowledge who killed this girl and with whom’s car it was done with after leaving whom’s party….

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2013 at 9:42 pm

So spill it then… I know nothing of this story but if there is a cold blooded killer walking around our town, I think we ALL deserve to know who it is.

• Anonymous
        September 25, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Lauri Barraza did it we all know that! How funny everyday she is all around town and when this cold case surfaces her green car is sold and she is no where to be seen. I hope her guilt eats at her well we all know it wont since she is to busy getting drugged up wand partying with her kids! Grow up and admit what you have done you cold hearted killer!

6. larry
    May 24, 2013 at 10:59 pm

may the perp get life in prison

7. Gabriel
    May 29, 2013 at 12:47 pm

First off…I would like to introduce myself…my name is Gabriel and I am Rachelle’s younger brother…I would like to thank everyone for their comments and concerns. I would like to take this opportunity to say that if there is anybody with any information about this case, to find the courage in there hearts to come forward and say something. Whether you want to remain anonymous or not information will greatly appreciated by my family and myself…..please contact Sgt. Durnham at Globe Police Dept…..Thank You and God Bless.

• Elizabeth
      September 12, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Gabriel,

First I would like to say I am so sorry this happened to your family, I did not know Rachelle well she was my sisters age and they were friends, but I did know her and Raymond and it broke my heart when I heard what happened. I hope that with this new step in the case that they will finally get justice for you and your family and your sister. There are a lot of questions that I suppose need to be answered but I think that you will find peace in the situation at the end of the day, and remember Justice comes in many forms and if they do not find it in a court room they will find it in the next life because Karma is a bitch and theirs is reaaaaaaaally bad

8. Fawn
    June 2, 2013 at 8:54 am

Gabriel, I was in college at the time, however, when I came home and saw all the signs and markings at the crime scene I was sick and overwhelmed with sorrow for your family. I have prayed for years that the truth be exposed, I was ecstatic when this was brought to my attention. As the anonymous comment above, everyone in town knew about the party the jealously outraged sisters, I only wish I could remember their names. I pray that this case does get busted wide open and so does the detectives that did not handle it properly. One of which I was friends with and could not ever get him to do anything. If the current official’s want to speak to me I would love to tell all I know, it is limited but maybe just maybe one will speak out that has more knowledge than I. Stand strong believe God will show the truth in the end.

9. Fawn
    June 2, 2013 at 8:56 am

Larry life in prison would be too kind, the graphic brutal murder the two sisters imposed on this innocent girl warrants more like the old days….. tied to a tree whipped beat starved and left for birds to peck away on them tell there is not an ounce of life left in their bodies just like they did their victim. For hours and hours and hours of torture.

• Gabriel
      June 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Hi, Fawn. This is her brother Gabriel… I would like to talk with you my phone # is 602-475-2170 please give me a call.

• larry
      June 15, 2013 at 3:03 am

Fawn,i was in germany when this happened. could you email me and enlighten me what happened and who are the two sisters??

10. A Best Friend of the Victim
    June 5, 2013 at 11:35 am

As one of the victims best friends growing up, this is the hardest loss I have ever suffered to this very day. She was an amazing person and would have been such a great asset to our adult world. Taken too early in life she is still very much remembered for her beautiful smile and loving personality. I pray that my children will never suffer the loss I did and I pray that justice will finally be served.

11. Tabitha
    June 8, 2013 at 5:24 am

It’s about time!!!!! Yes – everybody who was around at that time knows exactly who did it, and why the police didn’t perform the most basic of investigating at the time, reeks of corruption, bribery, and secrets. Absolutely horrible and tragic. I just hope that it’s not too late – that the women leading this investigation are able to get the proof they need, after the perps were allowed to wash their car and get rid of all the other evidence, and the police completely ignored and/or botched everything else. Sadly, this is just one case in a town that’s full of criminal cover-ups, where criminals rule – they commit crimes and the police turn the other way. We want answers, but I kind of doubt that we’ll really get them. Here’s to justice – whether it’s in this life or the next.

• Xameria
      September 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Wow, Tabitha those are some seriously harsh words. Coming from a different perspective, there was a lot of fear surrounding this case, you know as well as I do that the responsible parties have done everything within their power to frighten and keep the people who know the truth quiet. That being said, Yes the evidence on the car was washed away but the problem is that it was washed away with in hours of the this happening and the police had not even begun to put the evidence together. To say that Lee Kennard is corrupt is laughable, I have known the man for many years and my husband has worked with him, he is one of the most honest people I have ever known as is Ray Hernandez. Is there corrupt in the police absolutely but to infer that they all had something to do with the cover up is reckless and wrong. The question was asked was it because Lee was Chief of police that this is being done now I think both yes and no, I would imagine knowing Lee as I do that he has lived with this case his entire career and would have gladly solved it years ago if it had been possible. Blaming the people who investigated the crime is not going to solve it, they had nothing to work with, there are many out there who never came forward out of fear some have passed on some are still alive but if they do not come forward then how can the police do their job and take these people off the streets, not to mention forensic sciences have changed much in the last 25 years including DNA and other means of proving someone was involved. I can understand your view point in some respects most people think the cops are corrupt but the truth is if they do not have witness’s and no evidence what are they supposed to do?

12. Jesus
    June 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Can’t wait

13. laqry
    September 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm

so when will this story be aired on tv??

• Susan K
      September 12, 2013 at 1:35 pm

The show will air Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 7 pm Arizona Time.

Here is the link to the show!

14. Qualified Opinion
    September 12, 2013 at 9:24 pm

“IF YOU ARE A CIVILIAN, PLEASE NOTE: We can only review your case if asked by the local enforcement agency. Please call the law enforcement agency handling your case and ask the agency to submit the case below” Source is from the Web Site Cold Justice. I can think of a few more cases that the law enforcement agency can submit to Cold Justice. Could it be that since Lee Kinnard was the Globe Police Chief and was also the first officer on scene of this tragic incident. Why not have GCSO Sheriff Shepherd submit a case for Cold Justice to work?

15. September 18, 2013 at 1:50 am

Did I note that not one of the investigative professionals called in were from the Great State of Arizona?

16. Not guilty
    September 24, 2013 at 9:59 pm

No proof that the sisters did it. Cold case stays cold!

17. Somebody
    September 26, 2013 at 6:46 am

When she left the party she stumbled down the street to walk in the middle of the main drag in Globe? This does not make sense. Thoughts….She was upset left the party maybe drunk/maybe not…she was then walking along the sidewalk when an unexpected visitor pulled up beside her….she then walked around the driver side of the vehicle (or passenger side depending on which way they were going) and as the argument pursued she tried to walk away in front ot the suspects vehicle and then she was struck and run over out of rage and jealousy. Maybe there was another vehicle involved? Yellow pick up? After watching the show there was speculation there was another vehicle possibly invovled. There is not doubt this was a homicide but by whom? maybe the killer is already dead? Maybe the killer is in jail? I am sorry to say but i dont think there will be any closure for this family unless Jim Durnan can prove otherwise. This has been a thorn in Globe/Miami side for 25 years.

18. fedup
    September 26, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Shame on all of you!!!! Do you think your so perfect it gives you he right to push peoples names through the mud??? And saying things you know nothing about! You watch 10 minutes if even that of interviews that were over 2 hours long and act like you know it all. Your ridiculous! The only thing you saw was the parts they used for TV…parts that were chosen to get ratings….yet you still throw your accusations out there

19. Natasha
    September 26, 2013 at 6:20 pm

The killer is l**** b******, the one all over the Cold Justice Facebook page talking about the karma bus and doing what she does best, threating people. All three of those girls are a joke. It was them and they used a whit car. They cleaned it up afterwards! They aren’t close? They all looked the same in their interrogation tapes! Right down to their cheap flip flops. Maybe they should get off their drugs and quit living off the state and grow up already. “La Bev” did a great job as a mother and a human being. She must make her momma proud.

20. Series
    September 28, 2013 at 4:43 am

Hey fedup, sounds like you are one of the guilty party. I grew up with Tony back in Hayden and he was a POS back then too. The truth will come out sooner or later. When you meet your maker, please don’t beg for mercy.

There was no semi truck, plus the hair and blood samples from the car “disappeared”.